Saturday, October 26, 2013

This Ole House

©2011-2012 by Nava -all rights reserved  


The song---"This Ole House" keeps coming to mind.  I have always loved the song--and the meaning of the words.  As you may know--the song is really about 'us' and this 'tent' that we are temporarily housed in.  It is a 'happy' song--and very encouraging--and has a 'downhome---heavenly' --perspective.

Part of the song--"Ain't got time to fix the shingles ---Ain't got time to fix the floor--Ain't got time to oil the hinges---Nor to mend the window pane---Ain't gonna need this house no longer ---I'm getting ready to meet the SAINTS. "    (more of this great song later--song by Stuart Hamblen--written 1954)

5 comments:

  1. That is a great old song and a great reminder that we are temporarily here on this earth and as believers in Christ will shed these old bodies for new ones. I'm sorry for the recent loss of your good friend. This photo is beautiful with the roses climbing the fence. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daddy used to love that song....I think I will probably be humming it now the rest of the day.....Isn't it wonderful that we will get a new "house" when we get to heaven....?This shot is beautiful; the roses gorgeous.... I am glad to see you blogging again...I miss all your beautiful shots....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely hymn. It's new to me and I really enjoyed learning about it. An old fave of mine along these lines is "I'm but a stranger here, heaven is my home." :) Have a blessed and beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete