Sunday, February 16, 2014

FLOWER OF HEAVEN

©2011-2012 by Nava -all rights reserved

                  "Now CONTENTMENT is on of the flowers of heaven, and, if we would have it, it must be cultivated.  It will not grow in us by nature; it is the new nature alone that can produce it----" (by Surgeon)            
                     I love the thought that contentment is a FLOWER of heaven----I like to think of my spiritual garden---and how it has to be 'weeded'---and cultivated.   It gives me an earthly way to think of what has to be done in an everyday way.    We all need that quiet place to go---to reflect---to pray--and read scripture to see what He has to say to us for that day.  
            
                     Would love to hear your thoughts------
                     

7 comments:

  1. That's an interesting thought that it is something that doesn't come naturally and needs to be cultivated. Our attitudes determine so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your words, and your photo of the flower and bee is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contentment is a flower of heaven; I love this as well as your analogy to earthly flowers.....I find my spiritual growth is directly related to the time spent in the Word and prayer as well as obedience to releasing the things that hinder my growth....You have spoken words I needed to hear today as I have been struggling with contentment.....Thank you dear friend....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nava, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not seen any Butterflies yet in my neck of the woods. This is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo is stunning! And maybe appreciated extra since we are getting 9" of snow tonight. Everyone is complaining but I've found contentment in the cold -- maybe because I'm a home body and don't mind staying in. It's beautiful to look out on. Discontent will sometimes quietly sneak up on me and I try to be aware of it. I think I'll always think of contentment with a mental thought of your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just dropping by via sandra's to say. your photography is absolutely stunning!! great lighting, too.

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete